Retail construction focuses on buildings that will be used solely for retail, such as shopping malls, grocery stores, coffee shops, car dealerships and discount stores.
It has requirements that are different from other construction types, and using a contractor with experience in retail construction will ensure that these requirements are met. For example, does the building fit the community’s needs? Is it visible and easy to find? Easy to maintain? Retail construction projects must meet or exceed deadlines, whether for new buildings’ grand openings, or to minimize disruption and revenue loss during renovations.
Contractors who know retail construction ensure that the building is completed according to the client’s specifications, on time and within budget. Experienced retail contractors obtain all licenses, permits, and approvals needed to complete construction and move into operation.
The Benefits of Experience
Using a retail construction contractor results in multiple benefits for the owner, such as:
- Hiring the best subcontractors for the job
- Managing the project from start to finish
- Pulling permits and interacting with city and state building officials
- Ensuring all aspects of the project are up to code
- Being present during all inspections
- Overseeing project logistics
In addition, a knowledgeable retail construction manager will ease your workload by coordinating with the designer, architect and sub-contractors. They will ensure that the work is done in the proper order to prevent logjams, as well as ensuring that the project will be ready on time.
Look for a retail construction manager with a proven track record of:
- Expedited delivery time
- Minimized risk
- High quality craftsmanship
- On-time and on-budget delivery
- Aggressive management approach
- A safety-first reputation
Before you begin a retail building project, contact Lenox Hill Construction to find out more about the services we perform or to schedule an estimate.